While USA Racquetball highly encourages all of our members to go through the SafeSport Training, the current list of covered individuals includes:
- USAR Staff (full-time, part-time, interns)*
- All National and State Association Board Members*
- Certified IP Instructors*
- Medical Staff (Athletic Trainers, Massage Therapists)*
- All Tournament Directors (Indoor and Outdoor)*
- All Certified Referees and any (18+) referee that will be refereeing minors*
- Parent/Private Coaches*
- High School Coaches, Council, and Committee Members*
- Collegiate Coaches, Council, and Committee Members*
- All members (18+) who have regular contact with a minor athlete in a 12-month period.
- National Adult Team athletes will be responsible for completing the Athlete SafeSport education/training within 30 days of accepting their position on the U.S. Team.
- Junior National Team athletes will be required to complete the age-appropriate training. We highly encourage all parents to take the Parent Training.
The U.S. Center for SafeSport and USA Racquetball have defined "regular contact" as four or more interactions (including but not limited to matches, tournaments, leagues, clinics, refereeing, practices) with a minor athlete in a 12-month period.*Requires a background check.