USA Racquetball Mandatory Background Checks
Effective April 1, 2021
To enhance the safety of our athletes and to comply with SafeSport requirements as determined by the U.S. Center for SafeSport and the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Committee (USOPC) and as mandated by U.S. Congress, individuals in positions of responsibility and influence over athletes are required to complete a background check every two years.
Who must complete a background check?*
- USAR Staff (full-time, part-time, interns)
- All National and State Association Board Members
- Certified IP Instructors
- National Team Members 18 years and older (both adult and junior team members)
- Medical Staff (Athletic Trainers, Massage Therapists)
- All Tournament Directors (Indoor and Outdoor)
- All Certified Referees and any (18+) referee that will be refereeing minors
- Parent/Private Coaches
- High School Coaches, Council, and Committee Members
- Collegiate Coaches, Council, and Committee Members
How often must a background check be completed?
A background check is valid for two years. The provider runs a supplemental check on the off years.
What is the cost of a background check?
The cost of the background check is $29. Payment is made directly to JD Palatine (JDP) through the Player's Health portal (linked from USA Racquetball member profiles). USA Racquetball does not profit from the background check.
Background Check Disqualification Criteria and Appeals
A red light may prevent someone from serving in specific roles within USA Racquetball, but does not guarantee that a participant cannot serve.
*USA Racquetball reserves the right to ask any participant to complete a background check, whether or not their role requires a background check. Background checks must be completed prior to accepting a new position, role, competition or camp at the USOPTC.