January 17, 2022 Board Update
by USA Racquetball
GET TO KNOW YOUR BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The makeup of the USAR Board of Directors is diverse and robust, including four state association presidents, two pro tour commissioners, the NMRA president, several business owners, and three elite racquetball athletes. They bring a wide range of skills and knowledge gained from multiple areas of business, educational, and racquetball experience.
Visit https://www.teamusa.org/usa-racquetball/leadership/board-of-directors to view Board members’ photos and profiles. Just click on each photo to see the profile, and click on the name to send an email.
Please visit the USAR website at https://www.teamusa.org/usa-racquetball -- About/Bylaws, Article VII, to learn about Board of Directors Position Categories: At Large Elected, Board Appointed, Executive Appointed, and Athlete Representatives.
MEETING HIGHLIGHTS -- USA Racquetball Board of Directors -- December 20, 2021
Ten Board members were in attendance via Zoom along with Executive Director Mike Wedel.
Following are some points of interest:
Executive Director Update (Mike Wedel)
Mike reported on a variety of topics. They included:
- Giving Tuesday report -- $6,687.83 raised, including 100% participation from the Board of Directors
- US OPEN planning -- status update
- National Event Calendar -- 2022 and beyond
- Referee and IP Testing Upgrade -- status update
- Membership Report -- growing slowly but trending upward
- The Real Racquetball Show -- ongoing appeal to the Racquetball Family for nominations, i.e., local people dedicated to doing extraordinary things to grow the sport in communities across the country. Nominations can be sent to Connor Shane at email@example.com.
Finance Update (Steve Czarnecki)
USA Racquetball’s 2021 financial performance remains generally in line with budget. Membership revenue continues to recover but still significantly lags pre-pandemic levels. The 2021 UnitedHealthcare US OPEN financial performance looks to be strong.
The Board discussed and approved a 2022 budget.
The balance of the meeting was held in closed session as the Board focused on the current Strategic Planning initiative.
Next Meeting: January 31, 2022, via Zoom
We hope you are finding this newsletter feature informative, and we always welcome suggestions and/or questions to include in future updates. Please contact Stewart Solomon (VP) or Cheryl Kirk (Secretary).
If you have questions about the Staff’s activities, please contact Mike Wedel.
Stay safe and healthy, everyone!